The aim of this policy is to provide you with transparent information on the personal data processed by the SPPF. In the following, the term “You” or “Your” refers to any person concerned by the processing of personal data subject of this information.
Why and how does the SPPF process your personal data?
This policy is concerns the Partners of the SPPF. The Partners are responsible for sending this information to all persons whose data are transmitted through them to the SPPF.
The SPPF processes your personal data for the purposes of:
- Management of your membership application,
- Implementation of the mandates (required or optional) that you have signed,
- Constitution of the Corporate Directory constituted by your declarations of phonograms and videograms,
- Conclusion of General Common Interest Contracts or agreements with users of phonograms or videograms,
- Collection and distribution of your rights (rights to remuneration, exclusive rights of a property nature relating to the use of phonograms and videogramsand all similar rights devolved upon producers of phonograms and videograms),
- Allocation of aid for creation,
- Protection and defense of the intellectual property rights of the Partners (control of uses, noting of misuse of these right, legal action),
- Defense of the common interest of the profession
- Organization of the SPPF’s general assemblies and in particular the voting.
The SPPF may be required to communicate with the Partners to inform them in particular about the management of their rights, about the SPPF news (e.g.: press releases, emailing, etc.) and about the holding of events (e.g.: general meetings, trade fairs, etc.).
What personal data does the SPPF process?
- your identity (surname, first name, etc.),
- your professional or personal details (postal address, e-mail address, fixed or mobile telephone numbers),
- your bank details enabling the payment of your rights or aid,
- your identification and authentication data for your membership space,
- information that you provide by filling in forms or by communicating with the SPPF by telephone, by paper or electronic mail or by any other means of communication,
- economical and financial information,
- connection data.
The SPPF collect this data in the relationship with its Partners. Not providing the data requested may result in the impossibility of concluding or executing the said contract.
Who are the recipients of personal data?
Personal Data are intended for the SPPF’s internal departments, social, fiscal and financial organizations, some of its partners, as well as by collective management organizations established in or outside the European Union with which the SPPF has concluded a representation agreement.
Some processing operations may require data transfers outside the EU. In this case, we undertake to comply with the applicable regulations and to transfer this data only to a country recognized as “adequately protected” by the European Commission or in the framework of standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
How long is personal data kept?
Personal data are kept for the duration of the relationship with the SPPF extended by the limitation period, without prejudice to legislative or regulatory provisions specific to certain categories of data imposing a particular retention period or the deletion of this data.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
Subject to duly proving your identity, you have the right to access, rectify, limit, delete, oppose, define in anticipation instructions on the post-mortem processing of your data and portability of personal data that you can exercise:
- Either by e-mail: to email@example.com ;
- Or by post: to SPPF (Protection of personal data) – 63 boulevard Haussmann – 75008 Paris (France).
You can also update your data on the website www.sppf.com in “Your Space”.
You may lodge a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data with the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL) – www.cnil.fr – 3 place de Fontenoy 75007 Paris (https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cnil-direct/question/844).